- Earliglow: (early season) Its sweet flavor makes the variety excellent for fresh eating and freezing
- Cavendish: (early mid season ) excellent flavor, excellent freezing quality
- Jewel: (mid season) excellent flavor, excellent freezing quality
- Sparkle: (late mid season) best strawberry for jam and freezing, flavorful, high quality
- New varieties added for spring 2018!
Strawberries will continue to turn red after they are picked, but they will not ripen further or turn sweeter. Flavor is influenced by growing conditions such as the weather, stages of ripeness, harvest time and variety. Size, however, does not determine flavor
Strawberries are fat-free, low in calories and are a good source of folic acid, potassium and fiber. Eight medium-sized strawberries contain 160% of the U.S. recommended daily amount for Vitamin C.
Take a look at the lifecycle below!